The Elimination of Adult Day Health Care!
Join the rally with your neighbors, seniors, people with disabilities, their families and supporters to tell Governor Brown to “STOP”!
When: Thursday October 20, 2011 @12:00 – 1:00
Where: San Francisco City Hall Polk Street Steps
In the early 70’s, forward thinking California policymakers established Adult Day Health Care as a cost-saving, community-based day program for seniors and younger people with disabilities.
Among its unique benefits, an Adult Day Health Care center provides a full range of medical, nursing, therapeutic, rehabilitative and social services enabling beneficiaries to remain living at home and avoid unnecessary emergency room visits, hospitalization and institutionalization.
Governor Jerry Brown sent California spiraling backwards in terms of human and financial costs when — with a stroke of his pen — completely eliminated funding for Adult Day Health Care (ADHC) services when he ended it as a Medi Cal benefit effective December 1st !
Statewide moral and economic deficit if 300 ADHC centers close:
• 35,000 – 55,000 fixed-income seniors & people with disabilities forced into costly institutional care, other state-funded means of care or stay at home until health deteriorates into emergency room visits or hospitalizations.
• Loss of more than 7,000 ADHC jobs and worker productivity due to caregivers having to quit their jobs or reduce their work hours to care for their family members.
• Lewin Group Study projects will cost the State $51 million more than it saves with elimination.
San Franciscans need to lead the way to morally and economically protect:
• 10 ADHC Centers from closing. As small businesses, represents an estimated $10 million.
• Thousands of current & future patients without a personal choice to safely keep living in their own homes and neighborhoods.
San Francisco ADHC centers include: Bayview Hunters Point, Circle of Friends, Golden State, Jewish Family & Children Services L’Chaim, SteppingStone Golden Gate, SteppingStone Mabini, SteppingStone Mission Creek, SteppingStone Presentation, St. Mary’s, Self-Help for the Elderly.
San Francisco Rally To Save Adult Day Health Care Services. For more information call:
James Chionsini at Planning for Elders 415-703-0188 ext 304
LaNay Eastman at SF Adult Day Health Network 415-808-7371
Categorised as: Uncategorized